The investment mandate of KIT is to invest in infrastructure businesses in Singapore and globally, with a focus on Europe and Asia Pacific.
Such infrastructure businesses include:
- Environmental infrastructure;
- Utilities infrastructure;
- Primary energy resources and alternative energy sources;
- Telecommunications and transportation infrastructure; and
- Social and other infrastructure businesses.
KIT aims to deliver sustainable returns to its Unitholders through executing the following strategies:
Sustain Asset Performance
- Building sustainable earnings through proactive asset management.
- Improving operational performance and efficiencies.
- Fulfilling contractual requirements and upholding safety and environmental standards.
Acquire Quality Assets
- Building business networks for acquisition deal flow.
- Seeking like-minded partners with strong development capabilities to build up acquisition pipeline.
- Focusing on projects that provide regular and/or predictable cash flows, backed by long-term contracts with creditworthy and reputable off-takers or a large and stable customer base. The Trustee-Manager may consider investing in development projects with manageable development risks.
Synergise with Sponsor
- Leveraging the Sponsorís extensive energy and environmental-related infrastructure expertise, international reach and business network to identify and assess potential acquisition opportunities.
- Acquiring assets from the Sponsor through the rights of first refusal granted.
- Exploring opportunities for co-investing in assets with the Sponsor.
- Ensuring smooth asset operations by tapping on the Sponsor and its subsidiariesí strong technical, O&M and Engineering, Procurement and Construction expertise.
Improve Capital Efficiency
- Optimising capital structure and cost of capital.
- Maintaining prudent financial leverage.
- Maintaining sufficient financial flexibility for all assets and businesses.