The investment mandate of KIT is to invest in infrastructure businesses in Singapore and globally, with a focus on Europe and Asia Pacific.
Such infrastructure businesses include:
- Environmental infrastructure;
- Utilities infrastructure;
- Primary energy resources and alternative energy sources;
- Telecommunications and transportation infrastructure; and
- Social and other infrastructure businesses.
KIT aims to deliver sustainable returns to its Unitholders through executing the following strategies:
Sustain Asset Performance
- Building sustainable earnings through proactive asset management.
- Improving operational performance and efficiencies.
- Fulfilling contractual requirements and upholding safety and environmental standards.
Acquire Quality Assets
- Building business networks for acquisition deal flow.
- Seeking like-minded partners with strong development capabilities to build up acquisition pipeline.
- Focusing on projects that provide regular and/or predictable cash flows, backed by long-term contracts with creditworthy and reputable off-takers or a large and stable customer base. The Trustee-Manager may consider investing in development projects with manageable development risks.
Synergy with Keppel Capital
- Leverage and grow further with the increased scale, larger investor base, wider geographical coverage and greater resources.
- Enhance talent recruitment and retention, facilitate sharing of best practices and improve operating efficiency.
- Co-investment, bridge financing and incubation opportunities; and
- Non-energy and non-environmental space asset management.
Synergise with Sponsor
- Draw on Sponsorís operational and maintenance, as well as industry expertise;
- ROFRs for assets owned and developed by the Sponsor; and
- Co-investment and incubation opportunities.
Improve Capital Efficiency
- Optimising capital structure and cost of capital.
- Maintaining prudent financial leverage.
- Maintaining sufficient financial flexibility for all assets and businesses.